We've got the perfect place for you and the entire gang to stay while you are in town! Our two Lake of the Ozarks waterfront vacation rental houses, which are located right next door to Shorty Pants Lounge & Marina, are centrally located so you are close to all of the holiday magic!
|photo from Funlake.com|
- Dec. 7 - Camdenton Christmas on the Square: Enjoy games, ornament making, craft tables, music, performances, cookie decorating, a petting zoo, hot chocolate, cookies, and more. People are encouraged to bring canned goods that will then be donated to the LAMB House food pantry.
- Dec. 14 - Lake Ozarks Christmas Parade: From 1:00-3:00 pm, the 35th Annual Christmas Parade will make its way through Lake Ozark to the historic Bagnell Dam Strip. Following the parade, Santa will be greeting all the kids at Luby's Plaza with treats and hot chocolate.
- Dec. 14 & 15 - Claus For A Cause: Performance Boat Center (just up the road from the vacation rental houses at Shorty Pants) will be transformed into a Winter Wonderland! The fun begins at 11:00 am on Saturday and noon on Sunday. Tickets are $10 each and proceeds go to support CLC, a not-for-profit that provides services to young children with special needs in the lake rea. There will be face painting, crafts, and a whole lot more plus a visit from Santa Claus!
- Dec. 14 - Old Tyme Christmas in Linn Creek: A celebration of Christmas will take place throughout the city of Linn Creek from 9:00 am-3:00 pm. There will be crafts, gift ideas, museum tours, caroling, and much more.
- Dec. 14 - Eldon's Lighted Christmas Parade: An evening parade begins at 5:15 pm which will light up the city of Eldon as it passes by! After the parade, Rock Island Park will host the lighting of the Magic Tree with music, hot chocolate, s'mores, and a visit from Santa. Before the parade, a variety of holiday activities will also be taking place throughout town.
- Christmas on Main Street: The Main Street Music Hall in Osage Beach performs its amazing Christmas show from Nov. 29-Dec. 22. This night is full of music and laughter and is guaranteed to entertain every kid from age one to age 92 with an evening of clean family fun.
- Carols in the Caverns: Experience the sounds of the season performed by local musicians and choirs in the natural acoustics of Stark Caverns in Eldon, MO, on various dates throughout December. Tickets are $5 per person and seating is limited.
|photo from Funlake.com|
- Enchanted Village of Lights: The Laurie Fairgrounds hosts one of the largest drive-through light parks in Mid-Missouri Nov. 22-Jan. 1. Entrance is free but donations are greatly appreciated.
- Festival of Lights: The National Shrine of Mary in Laurie, MO, features beautiful light displays Nov. 28-Jan. 1 from 5:00 pm-10:00 pm.
- Osage Beach Holiday Lights in the Park: The Osage Beach City Park features over 100 holiday-themed light displays to enjoy for free evenings between 5:00-9:00 pm Nov. 30-Dec. 1.
- Celebration Cruises Christmas on the Lake: Formerly known as "Deck the Docks," this holiday cruise on the water will benefit several area lake charities. Cruises depart from Bagnell Dam on Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays Nov. 22-Dec. 28. Reserve tickets early because these fill up fast!
All the Comforts of Home + a Great Lake View
If you don't live in the lake area, or if you happen to have family joining you from out of town, our waterfront vacation house rentals at the Lake of the Ozarks are the perfect place to stay. Both houses are tucked away to give you a relaxing getaway next to the water and feature that same breathtaking lake view that you enjoy from Shorty Pants Lounge every summer. (Just with fewer leaves on the trees and fewer boats cruising by.)
The Glass House can hold up to 8 guests, which is perfect for a family getaway or a weekend shopping trip with a few friends. Its 1,500 square feet of living space has 3 bedrooms and 2 full bathrooms, a washer & dryer, and a full kitchen with just about everything you might need during your stay. There are also some lovely decks to sit back and relax on if the weather allows.
The Red House boasts 3,400 square feet of living space, which easily houses up to 16 people. There is a large deck off of the upstairs and a covered deck downstairs. It has 4 bedrooms, 3 full bathrooms, and 1 half-bath. It also contains its own washer & dryer plus a kitchen with all the necessities.
Our Lake of the Ozarks Cajun restaurant & bar may be closed for the season but our vacation rental houses are available year-round. It's not too early to book your favorite dates for the 2020 season. Some other dates-of-interest coming up that you may want to book a stay for include:
- Winter Concerts at Dog Days Bar & Grill: Our sister restaurant is hosting two special off-season concerts featuring the best live music at the Lake of the Ozarks. Saturday, Dec. 21, 2019, they've got the Mixtapes with special guests Two Screws Loose. Tickets are $10 in advance or $15 at the door. On Friday, February 7, 2020, Machine Gun Symphony will take the stage.
- New Year's Eve
- Lake of the Ozarks Mardi Gras Pub Crawl - Saturday, February 8, 2020.
Get your calendars out now, pick a few dates to stay with us at Shorty Pants Lounge & Marina, and then make your reservations before someone else beats you to it!
The Lake's #1 Creole Cuisine Restaurant, where you can expect a luxury, laid-back experience at Lake of the Ozarks!