Tip-Outs For Cancer
The generous and caring staff at Shorty Pants Lounge & Marina have decided to set aside a day's worth of their tips to raise awareness and funds for the fight against breast cancer. On October 25 from 11 am - 9 pm, the tips from select server tip jars will be donated to the Lake Regional Cancer Center on behalf of the participating employees of the Barrett Restaurant Group. That means that the money you "tip-out" will go toward helping women right here in our community.
You're welcome to come in for lunch or dinner that day, or you can simply stop by for a quick drink or snack. As a matter of fact, even if you don't have time to stay and just want to leave a tip to help out, that's awesome too! Every little bit helps. (We do hope you can stick around and hang out with us while you're here though!) We've even got some cool Shorty Pants gear you can pick up if you need some pink to wear.
A Few Facts About Breast Cancer
We found the following facts about breast cancer at www.NationalBreastCancer.org to give you a better idea about how this cancer affects people here in the United States. Don't forget that this is a worldwide problem, so the numbers are even larger, but there is hope on the horizon.
- 1 in 8 women in the United states will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime.
- Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in women.
- Breast cancer is the 2nd leading cause of cancer death among women.
- Each year it is estimated that over 252,710 women in the United States will be diagnosed with breast cancer and more than 40,500 will die.
- Although breast cancer in men is rare, an estimated 2,470 men will be diagnosed with it and approximately 460 will die each year.
- On average, every 2 minutes a woman is diagnosed with breast cancer and 1 woman will die of it every 13 minutes.
- Over 3.3 million breast cancer survivors are alive in the United States today!
That last fact is a wonderful positive fact to focus on, and the money donated will help to make the number of survivors grow even larger. Due to better screening processes and early detection, increased awareness, and the continually improving treatment options, death rates from breast cancer have been declining since about 1990. If you are interested in learning more, visit the National Breast Cancer Foundation online and get a free breast health guide.
Mark Your Calendars
Be sure to plan ahead and join us on Wednesday, October 25 while the staff at our Lake of the Ozarks Cajun restaurant raise a little money that can do a lot of good in our community! It will be an extra-special day for us here at Shorty Pants Lounge & Marina, and we look forward to seeing you there.
The Lake's #1 Creole Cuisine Restaurant, where you can expect a luxury, laid back experience at Lake of the Ozarks!!